Help us reduce ozone pollution, especially when the temperature reaches 90 degrees, by following these simple tips:
Mowing late afternoon or evening reduces the amount of vapors in the air during the day when ground-level ozone is forming.
Switch to electric or manual tools—it's better for our environment and it will save you time and money on gasoline and repairs.
One ounce (a shot glass) of spilled gas is equivalent to the pollution emitted by driving 25 miles.
Keep equipment tuned.
Follow the owner's manual maintenance schedule.
Use low-maintenance turf grasses or other mixtures that grow slowly and require less frequent mowing. Decrease lawn area by planting trees, shrubs, rock gardens, etc.
For more clean air tips, click here:www.spokanecleanair.org/seasonal_tips.asp
Enter to win these ozone-friendly yard tools!
- Week One winner receives a Lithium hard surface sweeper - Model LSW120 donated by Black & Decker AND a $50 dining certificate
- Week Two winner receives a Lithium 22" hedge trimmer - Model LHT120 donated by Black & Decker AND a $50 dining certificate
- Week Three winner receives a Lithium trimmer & edger - Model LST220 donated by Black & Decker AND a $50 dining certificate.
- Week Four winner receives an Electric Cordless Mower donated Lowe's AND a $50 dining certificate.
*Read and understand all rules before you enter
Who is eligible to win?
Those living and/or working in Spokane County are eligible to win any of the weekly prizes. Those randomly selected winners who live and work outside of Spokane County will receive a consolation prize.
How do I enter to win?
Entering The Lowe Down on the Mow Down Sweepstakes is easy! Click here to get started, being careful to fill in all the required information. Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page when you are all finished, and that's it!
How do I know if I won?
Drawings will take place each Friday in July, begining 7/8, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29. The winner will be announced on KHQ's Saturday morning newscast.
Transportation Tips for a Greener Spokane
- Avoid overfilling or "topping off" your car's gas tank
- Replace your car's gas cap tightly and replace leaky caps
- Drive less by combining errands
- Avoid idling